Thursday, June 7, 2012

Street Smart Eyes

Returning from the Yankees game tonight (we won...so happy the f@@@ing millionaires win another one)…  A family affair if you will.  Saw the game with my old boss who I Love as if my dad.  My best friend Chino was there too; we're practically brothers. Took the D from 161st and got off on 7th Ave, not realizing the E was out of GODDAMN service after 10 p.m. on weekdays this week.  Took me a minute before I noticed the flyer taped to the station pillars.  I decide to walk.  53rd to 23rd...  Aint' that bad on a warm night… I stop at my buddy's bar on 47th street in route.  He just happened to be there.  We shoot the shit for a while...  I pound a Guinness and a Makers.  It’s a work night and it’s nearly midnight; it is time to go home.  I hail a cab and get dropped off on the block.  Put my bounce on, my New Era is low, the brim is crisp; the collar of my corduroy sports jacket popped, rockin’ fresh, Grey and brown SB Dunks... The Yard is silent.  Come across this early forty’s brother… He looks jail house, been in prison more than once tough…  His cornrows are banged-up, a feminine looking fella strategically walkin' behind him it seems.  The feminine dude, holding flowers close to his chest like a bride’s maid... Drugged out kid... Cornrow says to me… (he thinks I'm a hustler) "What up Par’..." I say nothin' but look at his eyes with my experienced, street smart eyes, and continue my bounce...

No comments:

Post a Comment