Saturday, June 9, 2012

On a Stage


One late night... I'm walking through my projects on my way to my Moms'... The park is empty save for an old friend and his girlfriend... I've never seen her before... I walk past... I wanna' say "whatup' B" (I haven't seen him in a minute; he just came home from a bid) and hesitate to get his attention... They're arguing but the look in their eyes is of the kind a parent dreads... Drug fueled.. The street lamp highlighted them in the darkness as if they were on a stage... He looking directly at her, diagonally 6 feet away, eyes glazed as if his mother just died, yelling belligerently, leaving his mouth open between his yell; cold in his breath, saliva dripped from his bottom lip... She, hands folded, shoulders shrugged, a paranoid look in her glazed eyes, staring in a distant opposite direction...lost... My old friend who I played pool with, who I shared countless laughs with....caught in that all too familiar disastrous web…

No comments:

Post a Comment