Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ROCKY


My daily walk from the West side to the East side seemed especially long today so I decided, F It! For the first time in my life I was going to take a cab to work… I hail the first cab I see… Step in and the Eye Of The Tiger is on… “Risin’ up back on the street, Did my time, took my chances…” Awwwww sh!!!!t I’m having visions of jogging through the streets of Philadelphia, shadow boxing in dirty grey sweats, black converse sneakers and a black skully… The back of my sweater reads “Dominican Stallion..” The people yell, “Hey Ralphie!!, (you know instead of Rocky) go get em’ champ!!” I shadow box baby! And just as I’m about to make it to the top of the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the cab pulls over… Back to freagin’ work! Reality stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment